The Cenareo solution lets you broadcast scheduled content to a web browser, allowing it to work on any device with a connection to the internet. It is up and running in just a few moments, with no additional equipment needed.
There are two ways to set up a web browser screen :
If you submitted a pre-registration for your players, enter the Web Browser's unique URL into your browser's address bar, example :
"get.cenareo.com/display/index.html?id=XXXXXXXX" and jump directly to the 'Broadcasting Content on the Screen' section, or
If you have n't been given a pre-registered code (or if you are not sure), go to the next section 'Activating Cenareo on your Web Browser'.
Activating Cenareo on your Web Browser
Before you can communicate with your screens, you must configure your browser by following the 2 steps below:
1. Get an activation code
Cenareo is available on a web browser by copying a URL to the browser’s address bar. To register a new “Screen/Browser” on the management platform, enter the URL "get.cenareo.com/display/index.html" into your browser’s address bar (on a computer that is connected to the internet). The browser contacts Cenareo’s servers for authentication and will indicate on the screen a code, this code (which will replace the code shown XXXXXXXX) is the unique code that is used to identify your browser.
Please note down the code, as you will need it in the next step.
Note: The identification code is permanent. This means that you can save the page in your favourites, or as your 'Start page' as the launch page for your 'Cenareo Player' and close the browser and open it again later (the same code will be displayed until the link to a screen on he Cenareo Platform has been created).
2. Registering the Screen on the Cenareo Platform
Email our support team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information :
a. identification code (displayed in the browser),
b. the screen resolution (ex : 1920x1080), the default is HD 1920x1080,
c. screen orientation (hortizontal / paysage, or vertical / portrait), the default is horizontal (paysage), and
d. the name you want to assign to the screen, the name will help you locate it easily in the management interface.
The support team will respond as quickly as possible to inform you when the registration has been completed, once you receive confirmation you can then restart the browser using the URL you saved earlier, or the URL in the confirmatiuon email sent to you by the support team - they will be the same.
Broadcasting Content on the Screen
If you have not already prepared content for your screen, an on-screen message will be shown stating that there is no content to display (previously, the authentication code was displayed), this is a confirmation that the screen is registered and that you can log in to manage.cenareo.com to start scheduling your content.
- Once activated, the browser remains available indefinitely. In other words, these activation steps are required only the first time that you set up a web browser
- The Cenareo Web Browser application only manages your programmed content and does not (cannot due to security rules) manage your device on/off schedules or Web Browser updates - this is handled by your browser settings (If you want to set up a player whose entire system is managed by Cenareo, please contact support at email@example.com)
- On some browsers, it is necessary, when setting the URL for the first time, to allow automatic opening of 'pop-ups'
- The activation code will be between 8 and 64 characters long and can include alphanumerics, '_' and '-'.
- Disable automatic standby mode
- Disable automatic updates (or ensure that they are performed automatically and without interference)
- Make your browser window full screen (usually by pressing F11, but this may vary).
- Configure your browser to launch automatically and to open the tab containing the player’s URL in case of any unintentional restarts.
- Disable 'pop-ups'