I have entered WiFi credentials on the Cenareo platform, but the player appears as disconnected. What should I do?
- Make sure that the WiFi router is turned on, and connected to the internet. In order to test the WiFi connection of the routeur you can try to connect your laptop or smartphone to it, and get some results from a browser. For example, you can try to open cenareo.com on your browser.
- Make sure the wireless network appears in the synchronized category (blue rectangle) on the Cenareo platform in the page of the relevant display. Refer to https://cenareo.com/en/installation if it is your first WiFi connection or if the WiFi network synchronization is not effective (yellow rectangle).
- Make sure that the login details (SSID and password) entered on the Cenareo platform are correct and that they correspond to the proper screen.
- Trust the network name as it appears on your smartphone or laptop, indeed the labels on the routers are not always correct and the network names can be edited.
- Beware of upper and lowercase
- Beware of the kind of dash “-” or “_”
- Beware of the spaces
- Beware of letters O and I
- The SSID is correct when, on a screen page, in the network part, the signal strength is greater than 0%. If the signal strength is “out of range”, make sure that the player is not too far from the router and have a double-check on the network name.
- If the signal strengh is greater than 0% but the player is still disconnected, then the WiFi password might be incorrect. Try to connect with the exact same WiFi details as on your laptop or smartphone.
WiFi credentials are correct but the problem is still there.
- Make sure that the WiFi network of your terminal uses the 2.4 GHz frequency. The 5 GHz frequency is currently not supported but all the terminals offering 5 GHz provide 2.4 GHz as well. You can check this information by connecting to your WiFi hotspot and by visiting its wireless networks' setting page.
- Many routers only handle a limited number of devices. You can check this information by connecting to your WiFi hotspot and by visiting its wireless networks' setting page or by asking your sysadmin.
- The WiFi hotspots use different channels. The player Cenareo connects only on channels from 1 to 13. If necessary it is possible to change the channel used by the WiFi hotspot for an accepted one.
- The player doesn't work with captive portals. You should have the sysadmin allow the player on the network.
- If a proxy is used on the network, it has to be set up in the advanced settings configuration : screen page > network settings > WiFi.
- A “synchronised network” (the credentials have been communicated to the player) is different from a “connected network” (the player has an acces to internet).
- The player doesn't behave as a smartphone would: it is unable to scan the WiFis around. It will only connect with a pre-configured WiFi.
- SSID = network name = id
- Bleu rectangle : the network credentials are synchronized / Green rectangle : the player is actually connected.
- To edit the configuration, you will have to synchronize the network again: https://cenareo.com/en/installation/
WiFi, the player doesn't connect to the WiFi, the screen doesn't connect to the WiFi, synchronization, synchronized, not synchronized, SSID, password, id, network, proxy, box, router, 3G 4G, to connect, connection, captive portal.