Set up and running in just a few minutes with no additional equipment, our Android application enables you to broadcast scheduled content to any Android device (running Android v5.0 or later) with a connection to the internet*.
*As with all our players (after installation and linking to a screen on our platform) the player will continue to display previously downloaded content even if the internet connection is disrupted.
Before you can communicate with your screens, you must configure your device by following the steps below:
Install our application on your device
- You can download our player directly from Play Store
- On the device : enter "Cenareo Play" in the Google Play Store search bar to find our application, or click on this link and follow the instructions to install the application on your device,
- In the event that you cannot download the application from the playstore, you can download the APK file for the application from our server via this link : download Cenareo player APK file. Given the wide range of different Android devices we cannot provide reliable installation guidance in this article and we ask you to follow the guidance in your device instruction manual to install and launch our application.
Receive your activation code
On launch of the application an 8 character activation code will be displayed, this unique code is required in your initial communication with us and will be used to link your device to a screen on our platform, Please take note of this code.
Registering the Screen on the Cenareo Platform
Email our support team (email@example.com) with the following information :
a. identification code (displayed on the screen),
b. the screen resolution (ex : 1920x1080), the default is HD 1920x1080,
c. screen orientation (hortizontal / paysage, or vertical / portrait), the default is horizontal (paysage), and
d. the name you want to assign to the screen, the name will help you locate it easily in the management interface and we suggest the following approach : "mark"_"city"_"site code"_"site location" ex "Redstripe_Paris_0010_1st Floor Lobby" reference to take full advantage of our intelligent search engine.
The support team will respond as quickly as possible to inform you when the registration has been complete.
Connection to our platform
Once you receive confirmation that your screen is set up and your you can go to our website (manage.cenareo.com) to plan content for the screen and restart the application. The application will connect automatically to the screen that has been set up on our platform, you may need to wait a few seconds, or exceptionally a few minutes whilst the setup is completed depending on your device and the internet connection.
If you have already planned content for your screen, the content will be displayed - and it's done : you're all good !
Broadcasting Content on the Screen
If you have not already prepared content for your screen, an on-screen message will be shown stating that there is no content to display (previously, the authentication code was displayed), this is a confirmation that the screen is registered and that you can log in to manage.cenareo.com to start scheduling your content.
- Once activated, the players setup files are stored on the device and the activation does not need to be redone.
- The Cenareo Android application only manages your programmed content and does not (cannot due to security rules) manage your device on/off schedules or device updates - this is handled by your device settings (If you want to set up a player whose entire system is managed by Cenareo, please contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The activation code will be between 8 and 64 characters long and can include alphanumerics, '_' and '-'.
- Disable automatic standby mode
- Disable automatic updates (or ensure that they are performed automatically and without interference)